A new week


This week was really good and busy. I swear each week flies by quicker than the one before. It's pretty scary sometimes.  But we only had two exchanges this week and they both went really well. We went to Evington over in Leicestershire and worked with Sis.Stapley and Sis.Cook. They just opened the area and I have never met so many hindus, muslims, and Seeks! It was a bit intimidating. But it was amazing because we helped them get 3 new investigators! So that was my 4th of July. I didn't even realise what day it was until Sis.Turnbow and I realised that we were both wearing Red,White, and Blue. Ironic! It must be 2nd nature in us to be patriotic on the 4th of July. 

We also had exchange with Stourbridge, which is just down the road from us. So we did a full swap and I stayed with Sis.Grigoryan down there for the day. It was a lot of fun and incredibly hot!  I seriously thought I was going to die and it was 85 degrees. But the humidity makes it feel much hotter.  No one owns sunscreen here so I fried and now have a scalded neck.  I prayed that I won't get skin cancer so I should be fine now (:  It's funny becuase I've been getting really tan with all of the sunshine and I've had half the elders convinced that I am half mexicn. And some of them believed me! Well, at least the English elders. Ha ha! Probably becuase they've never seen a proper Mexican. 

Sis.Grigoryan is from Armenia and was trained by Sis.Benson as well so we had so much fun.  She laughed so much when at the the end of the day I said I had had been "toasted" in the sun.  She is an incredible little missionary and seriously little! She's well under 5 feet tall.  Probably the tiniest missionary I've ever met.  But she is full of energy and has such testimony. 

 As for our investigators, they are coming along alright.  The Lord has greatly blessed us for our efforts. Semone came to church yesterday with her three children!  Semone referred herself onmormon.org and has been taught for several weeks now. She is a young black lady who grew up in Birmingham. Her children loved church so much and I think she liked it a lot as well.  I think this will be a turning point for her to see whether she sets a baptismal date now or not.  The other sisters had set a date for the 14th, but I don't think she understood.  So our goal for this week is to set a new reachable goal that she will want to make. 

We are also teaching a sweet Chinese kid named YuChen. I've never taught Chinese before and he is amazing!  They don't even know who God is! This week we got him to finally pray and it was incredible!  Much like King Lamoni's father's prayer. It was one experience I will never forget.  The Chinese are elect and there are many who are excepting the gosple here and will now take it back to China.  I really think China will explode once it is open to missionaries. We have 4 Mandarin speaking elders in Birmingham and yesterday our Gospel Principles class was mostly made up of chinese students. Wonderful! 

 Man, these new sisters are incredible and I have learned so much from them. The mission is already beginning to change and we see so many miracles on our exchanges. I have been so blessed to serve so many of them and given this opportunity to learn. Sis.Turnbow is amazing as well and we have so much fun all of the time! I am so very blessed and I often wonder why, but I know that am grateful. 

 Thank you so much for the emails this week! I didn't get any last week so all of the ones I got today made up for last week (: 

I love you all very much! 

 Sister LeFevre

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comm. 150 Journal

When it Rains it Pours