7/22/13
Sounds like a really good 24th celebration! I'm sad I
missed it, but I am even more happy that it was a good time and that you had so
much fun. It's funny because a year ago it made me so home sick and sad that I
was missing so much. But now I am just happy because these things bring so much
joy in to your lives.
Wow, that's cool that so many missionaries are out! Most of the boys on those signs were just freshmen when I was a senior and now they're all over the world preaching the gospel. That is SO cool! That's rather funny that Kate held Spencer's sign. Ha! He emails me his weekly letters, which are fun to read.
Wow, that's cool that so many missionaries are out! Most of the boys on those signs were just freshmen when I was a senior and now they're all over the world preaching the gospel. That is SO cool! That's rather funny that Kate held Spencer's sign. Ha! He emails me his weekly letters, which are fun to read.
Karston and TJ have grown up SO
much. Holy Cow! And where's Marc's hair going?! Wow, I'm slightly shocked
at how much every one has changed! Not that it's a bad thing. I just don't
think about it much. I'm sure you guys will think I have changed a lot as well.
I've been trying to send many pictures through out the course of my mission so
that you don't notice the changes as much - like how much weight i've put on
(: But I still keep hope that proper exercise can help restore me to
full health again this fall (:
Well, my week definitely was different than your week in
St.Johns. It is still extremely hot and humid. It's been getting past 85! Today
is actually extremely foggy and thankfully a bit cooler.
We had two exchanges this week. On Tuesday I worked with
Sis.Miller on the other end of Harborne. It was a lot of fun and we had some
good finding. It was fun because it is still our ward area and we see the other
set of sisters all of the time. There is a big hospital called the Queen
Elizabeth that is right next door to their flat and we did finding around there
and found some cool people. We even found a lady named Tracy who lives in
Sis.Turnbow's and I's area. Her mum is in the hospital and she is Christian, but is
struggling at the moment with everything going on. Sis.Turnbow and I went and
taught her on Saturday at her home and it was such a sweet experience.
She is so stressed and just needed someone to talk to. Her mum's illness is
really hard and she cried as we talked about the healing power of the
Atonement. We left her Alma 7 to read and we'll see her again this week. (: I'm
excited because of how prepared she is. I've never met anyone in such a
perfect and humble state to hear the gospel.
Then we spent Thursday up in Derby with Sis.Dixon and
Sis.Thomson. I worked mostly with Sis.Thomson (Canada) and we had some nice
experiences as well. I always feel like such a good missionary when I'm
in other people's areas and for some reason it's hard to have the same miracles
in our own. But good things still happen.
Saturday we spent the entire day finding in our area and we
taught Tracy and met a leader in the Celestial Church of Christ! His name is
Henry and it's an African religion. We had a nice chat with him.
We told Henry about the BoM
and he asked if he could buy a copy. Ha! He then asked what makes our
church different than other Christian churches, so we arranged to come back
sunday (yesterday) and talk more. We did see him briefly yesterday.
We barely got into talking about the pattern of dispensations when he objected
to our definition of a prophet. He doesn't view them as having authority,
but rather just messengers who listen to candles! Apparently when you want to
confess your sins, you go whisper them in to a candle and the prophets
interpret the candles. Sounds a bit odd, but quite interesting.
We're going to visit him again later this week so that we can get to the Joseph
Smith story. And I am interested in where he gets his authority.
YuChen came to church again
yesterday and he got to see the baptism of another Chinese student named
Dennis. The zone leaders have been teaching Dennis and he is the coolest
guy! The Chinese students are amazing! They are the same age as me and most
of them are working on their dissertations for their master's degrees! Smart
kids for sure. They are so studious because China sends them here to gain
a better education, so only the elite get to come and they have to work so
hard. So YuChen is really good at reading and comprehending the BofM. He
still thinks all of this is a fantasy and seems impossible to believe
everything we teach him. But he's keeping commitments really well and he
said he felt peaceful at the baptism yesterday. I just pray that
something will be able to touch his heart in a way that he can know for certain
that it is all true. It has been cool to be able to teach so many people from
all over the world. I had no idea how many cultures I would get to
experience here. I feel like I know Africans, Asians (Middle East), and
Chinese quite well. So many cool people and so many freaks (:
But this coming week will be
fun. We'll work in Nottingham 1 tomorrow - yes, my old area over Christmas. I'm
excited to go see it from a new perspective and make some good memories
there. And then we will go to Lincoln on Saturday. Oh boy, it'll go by
quick. And I don't know anything about my flight plans. Sister Morris, in the
office, deals with all of that stuff. I don't have her email, but if you email
the mission office she'll get it and can give you details. My goal for
this week is to be more focused and think about our investigators and sisters
more, rather than thinking how weird it will be to not be called Sister LeFevre
anymore. Oh it's so sad! But I'm not going to worry about it! (:
Hopefully we can build the sisters, build the area, build
the kingdom, and do work that is pleasing to the Lord (:
Comments
Post a Comment