Dodge night 6/24/13
Annwyl Teulu,
That's Welsh for Dear Family. Ha ha! I still remember a bit of Welsh. Everyone in the office keeps telling me that I'm going to go open Milford Haven in Wales. I know that's not going to happen, but it's the joke going around right now. HA!
That's Welsh for Dear Family. Ha ha! I still remember a bit of Welsh. Everyone in the office keeps telling me that I'm going to go open Milford Haven in Wales. I know that's not going to happen, but it's the joke going around right now. HA!
But....President called me into
his office today and he has asked me to be a Sister Trainer Leader. Of
course I accepted and I'm actually excited even though I kind of was hoping I
would train another new sister for my last 2 transfers. I don't know yet
where or who I'll be serving with, but if I was a betting woman I'd put money
on me going to Harborne with Sis.Turnbow. There are only 4 Sister
Training Leaders at the moment and Sis.Turnbow's companion is going to train,
so if you do the math Harborne is the only available place for me. I'm
not exactly sure what all of my responsibilities will be but this is a new
thing that the 1st Presidency came out with right before conference. I
suppose it is like being a zone leader for sisters. We'll go on loads of
exchanges and train and help out the struggling sisters. We'll also be a part
of the mission leader council which includes all the zone leaders and
Sis.Train. leaders. We have a council once a transfer and talk about the
missionaries and the work and everything like that. Fun stuff! It'll be
great because Sis.Rasmussen always makes them a homemade lunch afterwards and
she is the best cook! Servinig in Wylde Green we always see the
missionaries come in for the meetings and I always envy those who get to eat
her food (:
Anyways, we'll find out the rest of the dodge tonight at about 9:30pm. But I'm really hoping for Sis.Turnbow in Harborne. Sis.Turnbow is an incredible missionary and Harborne is the promised land of city centre Birmingham! We probably won't be in our area much, but I think we'll see some good things happen. It would be a dream come true to serve there with her. She trained Sis.Hanks for her last 4 weeks and the three of us get along so well. They are two sisters that I would have been friends with in high school and we'll be best buds after the mission.
As for our week...it was alright. I still have
a lingering cough, but it'll go away someday - probably when I come home.
But we ended up helping out a ton at the office. There are 11 new flats
opening up this week and Sis.Paice is in charge of all of the flat finding and
she has been frantically trying to get them all by transfer. And since she
has been so busy we were hired (for free) to go to ASDA (like Walmart) and buy
all of the bits and bobs for the new flats. Sis.Vance and I made numerous
trips to ASDA and we would fill our trollies with all sorts of kitchen
utensils, mugs, plates, glasses, mops, cleaning supplies, etc. Each new
flat gets a bunch of new stuff so that the missionaries don't have to furnish
it all themselves. After we bought all of the supplies we had to organise
it all in to piles for each area. Then the zone leaders all came in and
we helped them load up their cars and ticked off the things they took. I
must say it was a lot of work, but it was definitely the more organised than
any of the previous transfers. Poor Sister Paice just has too much to deal
with to worry about all of the little things. We enjoyed it though. I have
really come to love serving people. Especially people I love and care
about. It is such a pleasure to help out around the office and ease the
burdens of others. There are 30 missionaries coming in on Wednesday, so
that'll put the mission up to 220 missionaries total. By the end of the year
we'll be up to 265. That is 100 more than when the Rasmussens came in.
It's quite stressful for everyone here and we come over and help Sis.Rasmussen
as much as we can. We have to be careful because she sometimes just needs
someone to talk to and it's easy to get caught up in talking. The other
night we decided to pop by at 8:30pm before we walked home and we didn't end up
leaving until 10pm. Ha ha! But it was actually President who was chatting with
us and kept us out late. Anyways, we'll find out the rest of the dodge tonight at about 9:30pm. But I'm really hoping for Sis.Turnbow in Harborne. Sis.Turnbow is an incredible missionary and Harborne is the promised land of city centre Birmingham! We probably won't be in our area much, but I think we'll see some good things happen. It would be a dream come true to serve there with her. She trained Sis.Hanks for her last 4 weeks and the three of us get along so well. They are two sisters that I would have been friends with in high school and we'll be best buds after the mission.
Man, I'm sure going to miss
Wylde green!
Well, I love you all and I need
get going. Love you!
Sister LeFevre
Comments
Post a Comment