Faith 7/15/13


Hi ya!
Wow, this week has been impeccably hot! I know that it definitely is warmer back home, but I've been dying.  I think I became too accustomed to the damp cold.  It's weird feeling hot and sweating! Ha ha! I suppose it is just preparing me for Arizona.

I'm so glad Sis.Turnbow's parent's stopped by! It made us both so happy to see the pictures.

 But this week has been a testing of faith, which is normal, ha ha!  President actually called another Sister Training Leader last week, so we have 3 less exchanges now.  Last week we stayed in our own area the whole week and only the Loughborough sisters came in and we had a work over. 

It was a tough week though in that we had so much unsuccessful finding. It was great that we had finding time, but it was one of those times when it felt like no matter what we tried, nothing really worked. I always wonder why that happens. Especially when you put in so much faith, work, and effort, and prayer.  But it's ok because we have a new week ahead and we actually did get a few potentials which is better than nothing. (: 
Our investigators are still the same. Yu chen came to church yesterday though! Whoo! It was cool because our lesson with him this week was all about faith in God. It is hard for him to even believe that there could possibly be a God out there.  But he's really really good at keeping reading commitments and understanding what he reads. I've never taught anyone who reads as well as he does - which is AMAZING!  He struggles with praying because it is definitely weirder than studying. But he enjoyed church and he really is exercising his faith because he is doing the things we ask him to. Whoo!  If you can, please pray for Yu Chen. I want so badly for him to receive an answer to his prayers that he will recognize as God.

Then Saturday a Philippine lady in the ward invited us to a picnic for lunch. She said there would be some Philippine friends there and that we could talk to them about the gospel. Sweet!  We got to the park and it turned out that it was a UK Phillippino Fiesta!  Yeah right a couple of friends! There were bouncy castles and booths and a big stage blasting very inappropriate music. There were loads of people, but definitely not a place to proselyte.  But she really wanted us to try their food, so she bought us all lunch.  It was so kind of her, but really funny in that it was not what any of us were expecting.
As for this coming week, we just have two exchanges.  I'll be working with Sister Miller in the other Harborne area and then we are going to Derby Wednesday evening. It should be more fun. Being a sister training leader isn't all that special, I think my favorite part is simply working with Sis.Turnbow. (: We're always working hard and always having fun. And I always love being a missionary.

We finally did get to watch that broadcast and it was amazing! Oh man, I wish we could start implementing all of that stuff right now!  I thought it was so good that most of it was for the ward counsels and members.  There is also a really good article in the Ensign about a ward in Sheffield, which is just barely north of the mission.  There are so many miracles that happen when both the ward and the missionaries work together to bring people to the gospel. (:
I love you all lots! Have fun at the 24th celebrations!  Maybe we'll go cook a hot dog to celebrate (: People here don't have any idea of what the 24th of July is, besides being another random day.

  Cheers!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comm. 150 Journal

When it Rains it Pours