Hello!
Well, my predictions were right. I am now serving in
Harborne E with Sis.Turnbow! Dream come true!!! Wow, it sure is
different from Wylde Green even though I am only about 10 miles away. The
Harborne ward is enormous and there are actually 6 sets of missionaries here.
Our area was just opened last transfer so we have a lot of finding to do
to try and build it up. Church yesterday was a bit overwhelming because
there were so many people there. I think about 200. Harborne covers the
centre of Birmingham so we have thousands and thousands of people in the area
of all sorts of colours and cultures. It was like a box of crayons at church -
so many different colours of people! There are many chinese, african,
asian, carribean, european, etc. There are several big universities so we
also have a lot of YSA. 4 of the 6 elders are chinese speaking and we
almost have enough chinese to create a chinese branch. There is also a
senior couple called Woolsey. They are from Escalante, UT and vaguely know some
LeFevre's. I'll have to speak with them more to see if we have any more
connections.
This week has been wild though. So much happened! On
Tuesday Sis.Vance and I finally stopped an ice cream truck and gave the man a
mormon.org card. We also said goodbye to a big
group of missionaries. It's weird that I will attend the next departing
testimony meeting. Because I'll go in the middle of the transfer I'll get
to go to the next one with Sis.Turnbow.
But then transfers were busy as always on Wednesday.
We had 15 sisters come in and none went home! I got to speak to
Sis.Reidhead from Snowflake for a little bit. It was fun to talk to
someone who knows a lot of the same people as me. She looks like she'll be a
good missionary (: I think she has gone to serve in Tewkesbury in
the Cheltenham stake. Sis.Vance got a really nice sister to train as well
and I think they'll both be fine.
There are only 2 sets of Sis.Training Leaders so we each
have 4 zones that we cover. Sis.Turnbow and I have Nottingham, Leicester,
Birmingham, and Lichfield zones = 14 sets of sisters. It'll be crazy
because we will be going on 3 exchanges a week! We went to Glenfield on
Saturday and that was a lot of fun and we saw some cool miracles happen.
A lot of these teams are opening areas and training so we are trying our
best to help them start building their areas. It's weird how old in the mission
we are. It's fun though because we get to go all over the mission and work with
so many different sisters. A year ago we had 19 sisters and we all knew
each other really well. Now we are up to around 56 and some of them will
go their whole mission without ever speaking to each other.
This week we have mission leader council tomorrow and then
we have exchanges with Evington and Stourbridge. I'm really excited for the
meeting tomorrow because it'll be fun to be with all of the zone leaders and
talk about how we can help build and strengthen the mission. I didn't realise
this, but as a Sis.Training Leader, we are at the same level as the zone
leaders. There is a lot of trust and responsibility given to us. I'm not
really sure how to help these sisters, but I have a great desire to try.
Anyways, this is getting quite long, but life is exciting.
Oh yeah, and the Lord sure loves us because we got 4 new investigators this
week! I'm not sure when we'll be in our area to work with them, but it is
amazing how the Lord blesses us when we exercise our faith. Sis.Turnbow is full
of faith! She is inspiring.
I love you and hope you are all having fun at the family
reunion!
,
Comments
Post a Comment