Sunshine 6/10/13


It's been another sunny week in Birmingham and I've been so grateful.  It is definitely warmer here than it was in Wales last year.

This week has been good as we've tried to work hard, but not much seems to be changing.  Yesterday, I woke up with a really sore throat and felt quite poorly.  We attended sacrament, but I felt so rotten that I was practically forced to go home and sleep.  Angela had come to church and we had to leave her there for Sis.Paice to look after.  I slept nearly all of yesterday and I feel much better today.  But during the night we got many texts from Angela saying how mad she was that we would leave her at church by herself, blah blah blah.  This is the 2nd time she's sent us mean texts and I really think we'll have to drop her.  It's frustrating because I read a conference talk this morning that talks about how to minster and be true disciples of Christ. I want to help Angela so bad, but she makes it so difficult.  And I can bet you that when she wakes up today she'll text us saying how sorry she is and that she didn't mean any of it. I've really been trying to think about what the Saviour would do if he were in my shoes. It's hard to know. I think I'll try talking to President if we see him today. He tends to be full of all sorts of wisdom (:
But other than that we went to the hospital two times this week to visit members of the ward there.  We've made friends with an old bloke named Doug and he likes us to come play the piano and sing.  He'll have us do the same three songs over and over again.  We gave him a Book of Mormon and each time we go we read a scripture to him. Ha ha!  There's nothing like visiting the dementia ward to make you feel grateful for what you have. (:

Let's see, we had a really good zone meeting this week and I realised just how old I am.  There aren't many missionaries who have been out longer than me these days.  A year ago we only had 19 sisters and now we have about 45 with 15 morre coming in 2 weeks.  I'm most likely going to train again and whitewash into a new area. And I'm excited for change.  I love Wylde Green so much, but it'll be fun to go to one more area with more more companion.
As for this next week, we are really going to try to find more investigators.  We've actually received quite a few referrals from missionaries and members.  It's hard to contact them when they live far away and there's no buses. But where there's a will there's a way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal