I Caught the Sun! 6/3/13


Hey hey hey! 

 I don't really know what to write about today if I'm honest.  It was quite a dramatic week with Angela though.  She called me up and wanted to confess her sins to me at 10:30 one night.  I rang President in the morning and he said to bring her down to the office that evening and she was able to talk to him.  She has some serious baggage and it's going to take us a ton of work to help her get through it all to baptism. But then the next night she sent us all of these rude text messages and said some mean things.  We figured that was her way of saying she didn't want to change. So we messaged her back and told her that we were sorry she felt that way and that if she wanted to ever change she knew where the church was.  It was quite a relief actually to be through with her.  But as we were in district meeting our phone received around 13 messages from her telling us that she was drunk the night before and that she was ever so sorry and she didn't mean it, etc, etc.  I called her later that afternoon and told her exactly how we were feeling and that she hasn't been keeping commitments. Angela practically begged us on the phone to not give up on her and that she really does want to change.  I then told her that we were going to let her think about everything for a few days and that if she wants us to come visit her again that she would have to come to church on Sunday and we would talk to her then or else we were done. 

And guess what? She came walking in to church on Sunday!  I about fell out of my seat when I saw her.  But I guess she really is desperate to change and she just doesn't know how to do it on her own.  It's hard not to get frustrated with her, but she does need the help and we are seriously the only ones who can do it. 

We'll go visit her again this week and hopefully she'll take our invitations more seriously now and she'll start to see the blessings in her life. (: 

 Other than that, we spent all of Friday in Cheltenham rehearsing for a big musical fireside that night.  I got to see Sis.Hanks again and it was just so much fun (:  I lost my voice the next day, but it was worth it.  The mayor of Cheltenham came and they took our picture for the newspaper.  So it was pretty big stuff and we're pretty much going to be world famous now (: 

 Saturday we went to the National Arboretum to plant flower bulbs.  Sis.Fisher insisted on taking us and we were all excited to go.  It was supposed to go from 9:30am to 3:30pm.  Sis.Fisher couldn't take us until 11:30 and by the time we got there, they were already finished and everybody was just finishing their picnics.  I was really bummed! But we did get to look around and we got really sunburned.  I don't even remember the last time I 'caught the sun' (that's what Sis.Paice says).  It was quite nice actually. Now I won't come home looking too white. 

 But we got a sweet new investigator this week!  A member gave us a referral, which we still haven't been able to contact, but after we first knocked the door and no one was home we decided to flog 10 (knock 10 doors on either side).  Just 2 doors down we met Chantelle, a 29 yr old black lady with 5 kids. She's awesome! We taught her Saturday the Restoration and we're going to go see her again this evening.  She studied with the JW's for a while, but didn't like what they taught. She has a partner and is really good! She has been a tender mercy from the Lord because it's been challenging lately. 

These good experiences have boosted Sis.Vance's enthusiasm as well, so I'm hoping this week will be even better than last.  That's what I love about the Gospel. It gives us hope so that we can always hope that life will get better (: 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal