Sunny Days 5/27/13
Hello hello!
The weeks sure are flying by! And I'm pretty sure yesterday
was the hottest day I've ever felt on my mission! It probably wasn't more than
20 degrees, but I was boiling as we walked around trying by different
less-actives and going to a fake address that a solid lady gave us - at least
she seemed pretty solid. It was nice though to actually feel hot for
once.
This week we had zone conference on Friday and it was
incredible! I actually felt quite rebuked and realized that I need to do
a lot of repenting, but it's good to be a bit humbled and then given the tools
to change.
On Friday evening we had a classical evening at the chapel.
Sister Vance has an amazing voice and she sang 2 songs. I accompanied her
on one of them and it was fun. We also had one of our investigators
perform. His name is Jobe and he was very impressive and a very talented
musician. He also brought in 6 other non-members to the event and it was really
cool. I invited the parents of Jobe's friend out to church, but they
weren't too interested. But I am hoping that maybe we can get Jobe and the
other lads together for a lesson sometime.
Angela did not come to church again. SO frustrating!
Investigators are funny people and I'm never quite positive what to do with
some of them. Angela wants so depserately to change, but yet she won't
keep commitments. We're going to do a Family Home Evening tonight at Sister
Paice's and hopefully have a good chat with Angela.
Our teaching pool is real small at the moment and we need to
build it back up, but for some reason it's been quite challenging lately. But
it's a good thing we always have the ability to pray and Heavenly Father gives
us opportunities to exercise our faith.
This next week should be fun. Sis.Vance's birthday is coming
up, I'm a part of a mission choir that is performing on Friday and then we have
a stake service project on Saturday. It should be a lot fun.
I love you!
Comments
Post a Comment