The Good Days 3/18/13


Oh it is so fun to hear what you guys are up to.  Man, some days I really miss Michelle and the funny things she does.
This week we had some really neat things happen. First we got 5 new investigators!  Woo!  New world record for us.  And we also had 5 investigators at church!  The elders had 4, so 9 in total for us. It really was quite exciting.

Sheista came with her 3 boys:Sunny 12, Matthew 11, and Adam 5.  They are the most adorable little guys and were well behaved at church.  The ward loved them and I think Sheista really enjoyed it because she didn't have to worry about them during the first 2 meetings.   During Sunday School, the Bishop pulled Sheista and us into his office and just had a nice little chat with her about his role as Bishop and explained a few things.  He is such a busy man and I think it was so neat that he took a little bit of time to make her feel welcome and special. 

We'll be seeing her tomorrow and we all feel really good about her.  She met elders last summer, but didn't really trust them and wouldn't let them into her house.  Since we are girls she loves us and wants us to keep coming.  It's really incredible.

The Lord is really blessing us here and I love serving. It is such a priviledge to be a missionary and represent Jesus Christ.  It's sad how many people don't understand and brush us off. But those that are prepared hear the voice of the shepherd and follow.

Something I have learned this week is about following the Spirit and making decisions.  We've had a few hours each day of finding time and sometimes we stand there on a street corner at a loss of where to go and what to do. Thank goodness there is a whole chapter in Preach My Gospel about Recognizing the Spirit. As I studied it this morning I learned more about how to receive direction.  There have been times where we pray and hope that a direction or idea will just pop into our heads, but I realised that the Lord expects us to act for ourselves and use our minds and ability to reason by making a choice.  After we have made a choice, then take it to the Lord and receive confirmation.  I know I already know this stuff, but this morning it really sunk in, especially concerning finding and be led to those who will receive us.

I hope that this week I can have better prayers and we can rely more on the Spirit as we walk the streets. 

It is so cool when you do everything as you should and the Lord really does lead you through coincidences to find people.  It is those moments that make the mission wonderful.  Allowing the Spirit to guide me and work through me is what makes me love being here.

Well, I hope you have fun in Disneyland. I love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal