Fall is Here! 10/29/12





Yep, it has definitely become much colder this week. The long socks, leggings, and boots are coming out.  Sis.Louis says the phrase 'It's cold' nearly 20 times each day. Ha ha! She is funny and we are having a blast together.  Sometimes I feel like we aren't working as hard and not as strict in obedience as before, but I feel much more relieved and happier.  We are living more by the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law and not nearly as stressful.

Wales is absolutely gorgeous right now.  The leaves don't turn yellow, but more of a burnt orange as in the pictures I sent.  It is sometimes a bummer that I have to drive all the time because I have to focus on the road.  But the driving is coming along swell.  It is going to be so boring driving back home.  I feel like I am a go-cart driver here with all the twisting roads and hilly lanes.

We had a good lesson with Sally this week and she kept her commitment to read which is incredible! I don't remember the last time we had an investigator actaully read like we asked them. Ha!  She fed us dinner though, amd it was one of those times where we blessed the food before we got out of the car and blessed it ater we left.  It tasted alright, but just the quality of her kitchen is a little scary. Bless her though for making the sacrifice.  She's really busy this coming week so we'll have to try seeing her next week.

Today is transfers and I am staying here for my 6th transfer!  Whoot! It's crazy, I never imagined that I would be spending half of my mission in Wales, in the same area. This week we had a work over with 2 sisters from Merthyr.  It was so awesome!  I was with a Sister who is going home tomorrow. Her name is Sis. Filichia from Mesa and she and I get along like a house on fire. She started her mission in Newcastle Emlyn and we just have loads in common.  She really helped me to see that I am making a difference in people's lives here and just how success comes in different forms for every missionary in every mission.  It was super uplifting and I am feeling better and happier all the time.

Halloween isn't a big thing here, but people do celebrate it.  I don't think anyone is throwing a party, but we bought pumpkins to carve today.  Sis.Louis has never carved one before.  Bonfire night is this Saturday.  They celebrate Guy Fawkes who tried to burn Parliament down, but failed and was burned at the stake. No one is really sure tho whether they are celebrating the fact that he got caught or that he almost succeeded. Ha ha!  So they'll make a stuffed man and put him on top of a bon fire and burn it.  They also set off fire works and have a good time.  And then they'll start busting out the Christmas gear after that.  And boy am I pumped for Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comm. 150 Journal

When it Rains it Pours