Cold November 11/9/12

This week was a bit of a tough one.  On Monday we took our car in to get fixed and they had it until Friday.  We live in a village smaller than Concho so there weren't that many people we could talk to or visit by just walking.  But we knocked on almost every door in Drefach Felindre.  On Wednesday we decided to walk in to Newcastle Emlyn because it only takes a few minutes to get there in the car, yep, it took us an hour there and an hour back.  We were pretty tired and it poured rain every day and is still raining right now.  It wasn't the most effective week, but we really worked hard.  We weren't able to see any investigators, but we had a few good visits with less-actives and we have a return appointment with a cute young mom named Zoe for this coming week.

Halloween was pretty fun.  Our district leader called and told us that he wanted us in by 7pm unless we were having a lesson or something.  So we came home and carved our pumpkins and Sis.Louis dressed me up like an Indian. Ha ha!  I felt like a dork, but she thought I looked good and we trick or treated at our neighbor's, the Bishop's house.  The Bishop's are a really funny couple and they have a son (Paul) who returned form his misison in June, living there as well.  They are a ward missionary couple and Paul comes teaching with us often.  They are really great to us.  Sis.Bishop made us cookies and while we were out tracting, she hid all of these fake bugs all over our flat.  So we had a trick and a treat. 

Then because we were out in the rain so much we both have been feeling ill and have colds, so we've been going to bed a little early to try and get better. 

 This week it has really really turned cold and I am scared for the winter.  They say that Wales is a lot colder than England and that January and February are the worst.  Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be transferred to England before it gets too worse (:

 Saturday night our ward had a bonfire and fire works.  There was a pretty good turn out and I think a lot of people had a good time.  Tonight, 5 Nov., is actually the real Bon Fire night.  They'll have a big Bonfire here in NCE and set off fireworks and such.  Our plans for the evening just got canceled so maybe we'll try walking around and talking to people.  It's crazy because all the shops and everything here close at 5pm and nobody is ever out and about.  If you think St.Johns is dead at 9pm, you should see the towns here a 6pm.

 Well, there's not much else to say.  We have the car back now and I am looking forward to this coming week because we have some good things planned and we'll be able to travel around to visit people.  We'll have zone conference on Thursday, which is always amazing!  Pres.Rasmussen likes to have really long zone conferences which means we'll be recieving a spiritual feast!  Plus a general authority is coming.  I have no clue who he is. I couldn't find his picture in the Ensign, but I think his name is Elder Kerr?  Who knows? It'll be great anyways.

 Thank you so much for the emails! Sis.Benson always used to call me trunky because I love getting letters and reading things from home all the time.  If that's the case, then I have been trunky since the first week I got out of the MTC.  I love being a missionary and serving the Lord, but I love you guys all so very much and I honestly do look forward to the day I get to go home and be with you guys again.  Your love and support really encourages me to keep working harder because more than anything I want you to be proud of me and I want the Lord to find my efforts acceptable.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal