Today is a Good Day! 8/12/13


Well, this week flew by, but it feels like it was ages ago that I was with Sis.Turnbow.  It was really really weird to see her go and to have my departing interview. President pretty much thanked me for my service and gave me marriage advice ;) Ha ha!  But the weirdest part was being at the final banquet and testimony meeting and telling everyone goodbye. A couple of the elders who were leaving came me hugs and I ended up not being able to sleep all night because I couldn't stop thinking about how weird it all was. I don't even remember the last time I hugged a boy.  Man, I'm going to be so weird when I come home.  
But it was even weirder on Wednesday because I felt like I should have been on a plane, but yet there I was at transfers again.  My new companion is Sis.Krylborn from Sweden. She came out in January and we're still in Harborne. She is an amazing missionary and I am so grateful to have her so that by Thursday I was back in missionary mode and I am ready for more exchanges and more people to teach. (:  President called another set of Sis.Train.Leaders so there are now 3 sets and Sis.Hanks is one!  I was really really hoping that I would get to serve with her again, but she's up in Nottingham now.  So we cover the Birmingham, Lichfield, and Coventry zones now.  They are much closer to us, so we'll be able to do full exchanges with each team and we'll have 2 a week. 

 On Friday we had Mission Leadership Council and it was amazing! I felt so old there, because even though I've only been a STL for one transfer, I've still have been a STL the longest. But a lot of the meeting was about obedience and I think everyone there felt a bit rebuked after the meeting.  It was good, but it just made me very much aware of my imperfect past. 

 Yu Chen will be having his baptismal interview tomorrow and he is so excited.  Oh man! I could cry I am so excited. I feel like the most blessed missionary ever! 2 baptisms in my last 3 weeks, I couldn't have asked for a better way to end my mission. 

David is doing well. His biggest hang up is the Word of Wisdom.  He's addicted to smoking. So on Friday we all decided that we would fast on Sunday that he would be able to quit. Turns out that David is diabetic and felt too sick to come to church yesterday because he was determined to fast. Ha ha!  But we all went over to his house yesterday after church and he made dinner for us.  We had a lesson before and it was nice.  He hasn't smoked since Friday, so he's doing good.  In the picture I attached, David is the guy standing by me. And the guy next to him is their friend Luke, and then David's brother Jonathan.  Our member, Sarah took the picture. 

 Wonderful things are happening in Birmingham! I get to go to Stourbridge tomorrow for exchange, we'll present training at the Coventry zone meeting on Wednesday. Friday we have quarterly interviews with Rresident (yes, I'll get another interview), and then Saturday I'll be in Nuneaton on another exchange. Sunday will be Yu Chen's baptism and it's going to be amazing! 

I hope you have a great week with school starting and everything.  Tell Michelle I love her loads and can't wait for some slumber parties.  And I saw the 'Planes' ad the other day and thought 'Michelle' is going to love that' (: 

Love you! 

Sister LeFevre

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comm. 150 Journal

When it Rains it Pours