It has finally rained! 7/29/13


Hi ya!
It is so interesting how things change. I still feel like everything at home should be the same as when I left. Ha ha! Especially because I love St.Johns so much, I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for the changes. But oh well, life is meant to go on.

This week was quite good. We haven't seen Henry since last week. We're not too sure if he's worth our efforts.  Because we are gone so much, we really have to prioritize our time. We just don't have time to spend on every person we meet.  I do enjoy having this calling though because I get to go and learn so much from the other sisters and I can help them as well.  After I leave, all but 5 sisters will have come out in the year 2013. They are all so new and many of them are going through struggles that I went through as well.  It is kind of neat to be able to talk to them and give them advice and help them to be better missionaries.  I don't think I personally am the best missionary, but I have learned so much and experienced so much.  I remember that as a new missionary I really looked up to the older sisters and they were so good to talk to just because they had been there before. It's nice to know that someone understands and has made it out okay.
So we went on exchange to Nottingham and Lincoln this week. We had a big thunderstorm while we were there and it was so cool because I haven't heard thunder in 2 years. It was fun to see Nottingham in the summer and not covered in snow and ice.  And Lincoln was beautiful!  It's the farthest away from home I've ever been.  It is located about 20 miles north east of Nottingham.  The sisters there are also amazing and I am jealous at how good they are!  They've only been out a few months and I feel like they already know how to do things that I barely learned 6 months ago.

But we had a really good day Thursday because we got Semone and YuChen on baptismal dates and a solid new investigator named David.  Semone committed to the 11 Aug. But then she didn't come to church yesterday, so we're not sure what's going to happen.  She wants to be baptized but won't keep the commitments. 

Yu Chen is amazing! When we asked if we could set a date, he pulled out his calendar and said he thought the 18th would be good.  And that was the exact date I was thinking in my head! He wants this all to be true and he enjoys church and there is a whole group of chinese guys in the ward that he's friends with. He will totally make the date and he's excited (: I love the Chinese kids in the ward! We had a legit chinese meal with them yesterday and the 3 sets of elders. They were all speaking in chinese most of the time and I felt like I was in China for a bit. Life is good (:

David was a progressing investigator is Worcester (pronounced Wuster). He's moved home for the summer and we finally were able to go meet him on Thursday.  He's 26 and wants to have solid faith in his life. He is so open and honest and ready to keep commitments.  We got him a lift to church yesterday with a YSA girl and he came to all three meetings and wore a suit and tie!  It was fantastic! He really liked it and all of the YSA came up and spoke to him and invited him out to FHE tonight.  We invited him to pray about a baptismal date and our goal is to set one with him this week.

Good stuff!
Now it is Sis.Turnbow's last week and it frightens me a little. The assistants called us yesterday to inform us that we'll be giving our departing testimonies in zone conference this week. Ah!  Mom is right, many things are coming to an end. But it's weird because schools don't start here until September, so it's still mid summer right now.  

This next week we exchange to West cotes and Nottingham 4 plus zone conference. We pretty much only have two days to work in our area, but I know the Lord will help us out and we will be able to see our investigators.

I love being a missionary and every day is a blessing to be able to serve. I still learn as much today as I have every other day of my mission. Many of the young sisters ask me if I feel tired. Heck no!  It is totally a self developing myth that at the end of your mission you get tired and slow down and worn out.  I've seen what a dead missionary looks like and it so not worth it!  I actually feel like I have more energy and enthusiasm now than I did a year ago.  This is my life and my calling! Why should we get tired in enduring?  The gospel is to keep us alive and propelling us forward.  I just love it!
Anyways, I love you an awful lot!

Sister LeFevre

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal