Lovely Days 5/6/13


Hey hey hey! 

It has been beautiful in England!  I think I've only worn my jacket once all week.  Except Saturday morning on our way to an appointment it started pouring and we only had one umbrella to share.  We got slightly drenched, but Sis.Vance and I just laughed about it all.  (:

This week had it's highs and lows.  Andrew is over the moon!  That guy is so happy and just bouncing around everytime we see him.  He's so funny too!  We took the Elders with us on Friday to teach him about the priesthood.  He didn't really get it, but hey we had a lot of fun.  He pretty much gave us a tour of his house and he has all of these funny figurines and things.  He brought down 3 stuffed animals that represent me, Elder Choi, and Elder Tapia. Then he turned all the lights on in his garden and we went down to show the Elders. It was seriously like the garden straight out of Gnomio and Juliet.  Ha ha!   Andrew came to church on Sunday and they're looking into giving him a calling soon, which will be awesome!  

Our other and new investigators are doing alright.  We weren't able to get anyone out to church, but since today is a bank holiday many people have gone out of town for the 3 day weekend.  I have high hopes for this next week though. We have some solid potentials and a couple of pretty good investigators.  There are two separate ladies we are teaching, Angela and Gwen and they are so very similar it's crazy. They both realise that they have been going down the wrong path for quite some time and they want the peace the gospel brings so badly.  They are so willing to learn and to keep commitments!  Gwen pretty much confessed all of her PT's (past transgressions) and she'll have to be interviewed by president for baptism.  We have both of them on baptismal dates for June and I really hope and pray that it'll all work out for them. 

This week I've learned a lot about what not to do and what doesn't work. Ha ha!  But hey, I think I learn more from those experiences than any others.  We had a really good follow-up training meeting for all of the new missionaries and their trainers and I learned so much about how to study more effectively.  Now I just need to apply it. (:  I took lots of pictures too and I'll go over to Sis.Rasmussen's this week and put them up on her blog.  But President taught us all about how it's in the details that makes the difference.  Not just what we study, but how.  Am I all put together and ready for the day, do I get distracted by what's around me, do I kneel to pray before, etc. 

As for this coming week we have some busy days ahead (:  On Saturday we'll go to Nottingham for an exchange.  I'm excited to go back there and see what it looks like without being covered in snow. And then I can skype you all on Sunday! Yeah!  I'l not sure where we'll go, but I'll keep you posted.  What time will work best for you guys? I don't remember when you have church.  But let me know and we'll set something up.  Oh boy, I'm so excited!!!!

 Have a fantastic week! 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal