Andrew Got Baptised!! 4/29/13


So a week ago I didn't have much faith that Andrew would be able to make his baptismal date because he still hadn't given up the smoking and to be honest I was a bit frustrated with the man.  But last Monday we took the assistants teaching with us and we got it all sorted.  He quit smoking and we saw him everyday last week.

The baptism was poorly attended since there was a big wedding going on in Harborne that half the ward went to.  But we did have about 20 people and it really was a lovely service.  Andrew gets along really well with Elder Tapia, so he baptised him.  And afterwards when Andrew came back in to the chapel he had such a happy smile on his face.  I've never seen him smile and laugh so much as he did this week.  Then yesterday he showed up to church wearing a 3 piece suit with a big grin on his face.  The confirmation was awesome and when I called him up last night to check on him he was giggling like a little boy on the phone.  Oh man, it has been incredible to see the difference in him.  When I met Andrew at that bus stop, he was an angry and argumentitive old tart!  He still talks a lot, but his countenance has softened remarkably.

I just feel so darn blessed! It's rare when a missionary finds, teaches, and baptises someone.  And I know that my whole mission has been worth it just to find Andrew.  I could end my mission now and be quite happy (:  But luckily I still have a couple more months and I really want to work my hardest to see a few more people change like that.

 Our other investigators are doing well.  Angela, unfortunately, didn't come to church yesterday.  We're not sure why, but I still think she is absolutely elect!  Pat Evans has been doing good with her chemo and we call her to see how her reading is coming.  She's the funniest, cutest old lady ever and I'm 100% postitive she will be baptised soon.  Let's just hope that I can stay in Wylde Green for a while longer.  Sis.Rasmussen is quite fond of me and she's  always whispering to me that she keeps telling President that I have to stay here. (:  I can't complain.  It must be my impecable blogging skills.

 Well, it has been fun with Sis.Vance.  She's a hoot and a half and we get along swimmingly.  She had a real rough first 2 weeks with her orginal trainer and I feel honored that President would send her to serve with me and help her.  She's doing much better.

 We have another packed week ahead full of adventure. There's a part of our area called Erdington. And we spend a lot of time there because that's where we pick up a lot of potentials, but also a lot of creeps. It keeps our lives exciting and entertaining.  I've never felt so attractive in my life with all the weirdos who hit us!      

 But I love you and hope that you have a wonderful week!

 


Ps. We went to Lichfield Cathedral today. it was pretty darn cool!  Felt like I was walking through my art history book (:

                       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal