More Snow - Boooo! 2/11/13


More snow! Boooo! Ha ha! Rumor has it that this will be the coldest February in the past 27 years.  We're just thrilled.  But it really hasn't been too bad.  I just don't like the snow because then it goes through the holes in my shoes and also the last time it snowed I fell a couple of times and that wasn't fun either.

Other than that I love it here.  I am so grateful to be with Sis.Laborero during the bad weather because then it really isn't that bad. I learn so much from her every day and we just have a good time.  I'm working on my posh English accent so that I  will come home sounding all prim and proper. Ha ha!  I definitely don't want to pick up the Birmingham accent.  I can barely understand it on a good day!

Two weeks ago we met a guy named Andrew at the bus stop.  We had a nice chat with him - well, Sis.Laborero did since I could only catch every other word.  But it turns out that he took what we said to heart and called the mission office and asked Sis.Paice if we were for real.  Ha ha!  We called him back and visited him during the week with a lady in the ward.  The lesson went well for the bit I could understand.  And then he came to church yesterday!  It was the neatest thing! He didn't stay for all 3 meetings because he needed to go home to look after his cat, but he still walked through the rain to come and he enjoyed it.  I'm quite excited about him.  He looks to be around 50 or so and lives on his own, a bit odd, but who cares? (:

Our other investigators are coming slowly and have their set backs, but this week we've met some good potentials on the streets and we have a week full of appointments with all sorts of people. 

This coming week we have Zone Conference on Valentines Day.  I love zone conferences!  It'll be nice to have it here at our chapel rather than having to drive 2 hours to Cardiff.  President does two zone conferences every other transfer.  One in the north zones here in Wylde Green and the other is in Cardiff for the south zones.  So after this week Sis.Rasmussen should have taken more pictures for the blog and then I can go help her upload them.  Maybe I'll just take her camera and go around myself and take pictures for her, because she's quite busy herself.  I really do enjoy being close to the mission home so that we can see her more often.  I never realized just how stressful and tough it would be to be a mission president's wife.  She does a ton of cooking and is constantly getting phone calls from sick missionaries, plus she has her own 5 or 6 kids that she worries about with one being on a mission.  We try our best to help her out, but in the end she always looks after us much more.  She takes us grocery shopping each week because Tesco is far away and I don't think you can get there by bus.

I just have so many blessings in my life right now.  And I am really am grateful for the rough times that I've been through because it makes the simplest things seem so wonderful.  Last night for example, we had a dinner appointment and the assistants took us there because it was raining and then when we were done they came and picked us back up because it had turned to snow and they didn't want us walking home in the dark in the snow.  They are such good guys and are so nice to us.  Wylde Green is a good place to be (;

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal