Happy Days! 2/18/13
This week was one of the fast moving weeks of my mission. I
can't believe it is Monday again. Transfers are at the end of next week
and Sis.Laborero and I are sad that our time together will be cut short.
We're still like best friends and everyday is just a party.
Thursday/Valentines Day/Zone conference was such a good day!
I got Mom's valentine package and the conference was really nice and I learned
a lot. Sis.Rasmussen had me take pictures of everyone at lunch so that we can
put them up on the mission blog on Thursday. I love being around missionaries.
There is just this good vibe that comes and I am so happy and want to go
work. But then that evening after planning I found a potential in my
planner from earlier in the week and we found where he lived on the map.
Turns out that he is just out of our area, so then we were trying to figure out who's area he was in. I saw the name of one bordering
area and just called the elders there to see. When I told them we had a
referral for them they were like, 'No way, we have one we can give you too.'
They had met a girl named Caroline on the train home from zone conference
that lives in our area and they were going to give her to the assistants, but
since we called them they just gave her to us. Unfortunatley our referral
for them wasn't in their area, but I feel like we were inspired to call those
elders because yesterday Caroline came to church and she is golden!
Caorline is 19, lives on her own, doesn't work and is
looking for direction and meaning to her life. We hadn't met her before
church, but we had phoned and arranged for a couple in the ward to give her a
lift to church. She came and loved it! I hope she wasn't too overwhelmed
by it all, but she said she felt really happy and wanted to cry. We then
had dinner with her at a member's house after church and we showed her the Restoration
DVD. And she just said I believe it and this is the path I want to follow. She
doesn't have many friends and could use the church so much! I hardly know
her, but both Sis.Laborero and I already love her to bits. We're going
over to her house tonight and we'll take the bus with her to Sister Paice's for
a Family Home Evening with our recent convert Joe. It's going to be
awesome!
We've had many other really good things happen this week
that I don't even have time to tell you. I am so excited for another week
of miracles (:
I think Wednesday will be a pretty fun day as we get
to go do family history again. Our ward has a really good family history
library and the bishopric came to us last week and asked us to go learn a bit
more how to do genealology. And there are a few non-member ladies that go
as well that we'll try to build up a relationship with. I just feel that
there are more ways to do missionary work and that we have a lot more resources
to help people here.
I love you all! And Mom, I did buy me some new boots
last Monday so my feet stay warm, but now it has been sunny so I haven't needed
a new coat yet, but I'll keep my eyes open.
Thanks again and have a lovely week!
Comments
Post a Comment