Ten Months! 1/25/13


Just like that another month has gone, another transfer complete, and now I am in Birmingham!  Yep, I have been transfered to Wylde Green to serve with Sister Laborero who was in the MTC with me.  President decided that our area in Nottingham was too dangerous for sisters so we've been pulled and elders are going back in.  It was a real surpise to me and I had to pack like mad yesterday to catch the train in to Birmingham. 

I am SO excited to be serving here though. We share the area/ward with the assistants and President and Sister Rasmussen.  And guess what that means?  Post every day! Ha ha!  We live just down the street from the mission office and we'll attend church right across the way from here.  I think this is a really good area too.  Sis.Laborero said we have a busy week with lots of appointments and things to do.  On Monday night AP Choi called us and we hadn't heard yet was happening and he said Sis.LeFevre you're coming with us.  And I was so confused for a minute, but then when he said I was coming to Wylde Green I was so thrilled!  

I'm sad I didn't get a 2nd chance at trying to inprove our area and continue working with Howard, but hopefully the elders there will be able to get a baptism and have success there.  Nottingham will now be just an interesting memory of my mission.  Ha ha!

Last night we had dinner with the Rasmussens and APs and then had a departing testimony meeting.  There was only one other elder going home and he's from Ireland.  It was a really good meeting and I was glad to see Sis.Brooks be able to leave on a real good note.  Then she had a friend come pick her up last night from the mission office and she was released by her stake president sometime last night.  I was companion-less for the evening so I got to stay at the mission home and just hang out with Sis.Rasmussen and President.  It was way fun.  Sis.R made breakfast this morning and it felt like I was at home again with a mom to make me breakfast and look after me (: 

I figure that things can only go up from here on out.  My mission is on the down hill slope now and I can honestly say that I only look forward to these next months of serving.  I remember at 4 months thinking that I had SO long to go and I dreaded how long it would be, but now I am only excited.  I'm sure there will be tough times to come, but I've been through tough and now I now how to better handle it. 

Sis.Laborero is 25, from Surrey down by London, has a posh English accent, is one BOLd missionary, and we had a good time in the MTC.  I think we are like co-senior companions? Maybe?  I don't know, or really care, I just think it'll be fun and I think she is going to whip me into shape.  I'll have to send you a picture of her next week and you'll see why (:

It is snowing outside right now and I am becoming quite a good snowball thrower (:  There is like 8 inches on the ground and it's fun.  

Well, I need to take off, but I love you all so much!  I know that your prayers have helped me so much and I cannot express how much it means to me.

Love ya!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal