Snow and Blessings 1/14/13
Hey, so I've been given permission to email now.
President seems to be quite concerned that I get to email you
properly.
Last week was quite the week. Last Monday evening we
spent 4 hours that evening at the hosptial where they took more tests on
Sis.Brooks. In the end they gave her some antibiotics and pain meds.
Then our flat was being re-decorated Wednesday to Friday (the walls and
ceilings painted and fixed up). So we stayed with the Notts 4 sisters.
They are really nice and Sis.Brooks gets on well with a Sister Lewis over
there.
We did have an appointment with Howard this week, but
because of unfortunate circumstances we were only able to talk to him for about
15 minutes. And he didn't show up to church either. But don't
worry, we'll get him! The Echendus aren't all that solid, but we are
going to try to work with the members that referred us and see if we can get
them out to church.
We did not go any exchanges because of the decorating going
on so we'll leave tomorrow on the train for Coventry. It'll be really
good because it will make Sis.Brooks work hard. She has been nearly
completely dead this week. It has been real rough because she has zero
desire to work or help or even talk to me. I honestly don't know what to
do. So I just carry on and make plans for the next day by myself and do
what work I can do. I am looking very much forward to getting my next
companion next week because then I think we will really be able to get to
work.
I think the best part about this week for me has been the
many small tender mercies I have seen. I appreciate them so much more
when the rest of life seems to be falling to bits. Simple things like a
lady in the ward giving me a bag of hot chocolate just when mine has run out.
This is especially great because I've made a goal to not buy any
chocolate this year. It can be given to me, but I don't want to spend any
of my money on the stuff. It makes your clothing sizes go up. Ha ha!
This week it has turned bitterly cold and today it snowed!
We had a zone p-day at the chapel and we ended up just having a massive
snowball fight. There were about 40 missionaries and it was the bomb! I
realized that I am completely rubbish at throwing snowballs, but I still
chucked them and had a blast. It was the highlight of my week I think. Ha
ha!
Another blessing was that Sis.Brooks' tire on her bike got a
puncture. On Thursday we biked for many many miles and I was exhausted.
It had been so cold and I dreaded trying to keep up with Sis.Brooks
again. But she got a flat and we were able to go with a member to teach a
lady from Latvia named Denute. It was nice to just catch the bus.
Yesterday I got to teach Gospel Principles and I loved it.
The Elders have two investigators named Ed and Joanne. They are
brother and sister, 17 & 18. And they are so golden. It was fun
teaching the class with them in it and I was able to sit with Joanne in Relief
Society. Their baptism is on Friday and I am so excited for them!
the Elders here are solid and good guys, they do so much for us and I am
grateful for them. They have been such a blessing to us this
transfer.
Oh, we got an email today saying that right now we have 142
missionaries here and by the end of 2013 we will have 244! Crazy!
I love you!
Comments
Post a Comment