May 28, 2012


Howdy ho!

 Yeah, this week has been HOT!  I got sunburned, have some attractive tan lines and I am loving it!  Sis.Benson drove us to Birmingham on Thursday and it was 84 degrees! Add on the humidity and it was quite warm.  The Elders were dying in there suits. Ha ha!  We gave our district leader and his companion a ride so it was like a 4 hour drive to Birmingham so we left at 7:15am and didn't get home till 10pm.  It was along day, but really good.  Elder Jensen was awesome and it was a good boost.

 Yeah, we did see Jo and Brandon again, well, just Jo.  She has MS and is in a wheel chair, but she invited us in and we had a really good discussion.  Oh man, they are so ready for the gospel!  We tried to set an appointment, but she doesn't make appointments because her health is so up and down - that seems to be the case with loads of people.  But Sis. Benson and I have decided that maybe we'll just start showing up at the same time every week so that hopefully we can create a routine or something.  We'll visit them again tomorrow and hopefully catch them together so we can properly teach them.

 Saturday was pretty awesome!   The Aberystwyth branch had a baptism at our chapel and we were able to teach Aled right before and then he stayed and watched the baptism.  We taught the Law of Chastity. Ha ha!  And it actually went really well.  Last week he pretty much confessed his sins to us and oh boy, that wasn't awkward at all!  But it is something he struggles with and we got him to commit to live the law for at least a week and we'll continue extending that invitaion next time we teach.  At the end I invited him to say the prayer and he actually said yes!  He prayed in the last lesson, but we kind of forced him and it was an interesting prayer because he quoted part of the Karan in it.  But in this prayer he didn't and it was just an awesome prayer!  I nearly had tears in my eyes when he finished. Oh man, it was wonderful!  Saturday was just so good!  For the first time I really felt the love of the work.  I got a glimpse of just how amazing the gospel is in bringing people to Christ.  It might still be a while before Aled gets baptized simply because he can only meet with us once a week.  But I felt the love of the Savior so much at that time.  And I am beginning to see why missionaries love their missions so much.  The work has been slow and hard in this area, but I feel that things are going to be a lot better this transfer and I want to work harder than I did before (: 

Sorry this is short, but we had to type up our president letters for this week, so that has taken up my time.  Our district leader has challenged us to take a companionship photo every day of the transfer and it has been fun indeed!  Ha ha!

 Well, I love you all so very very much!  And I hope Michelle contiues to get better.  Good luck on the trek Dad!  If I weren't having such a good time in Wales, I'd go with you (:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comm. 150 Journal

When it Rains it Pours