May 21, 2012


Hey hey hey! 

Oh boy, the weather is getting better and better!  I only wore my coat about once this week and today I'm being bold enough to be out in short sleeves! Everyone comments on how tan I am and last night I had some members believing that I was half Mexican. Ha ha! But next time I need to tell them that my mom is the Mexican, because LeFevre isn't a very Spanish last name.

 But I did get the boots last Wednesday and they are awesome! It is amazing the difference they make and they are especially nice for when we walk down muddy and wet roads.  Thank you SO much!  But now that it is getting warmer, I might not need them as much. Ha ha!  They'll still come in good use though.

 We still haven't been able to go back and visit Brandon and Jo, but if our appointments fall through tonight we'll go pay them a visit.  If an appointment falls through we call it flogged.  So if Debbie (a less-active) cancels tonight we'll say that she flogged us.  Ha ha!  And then we flog 10, meaning that we'll go knock on the next 10 doors on either side of the person's house who flogged us. 

 But we met another good potential the other day.  Her name is Jo Fice (Jo is a pretty popular name for women around here).  She looks a little scary with tattoos and a nose ring, but she accepted a BofM because her son is always asking her questions about God and we told her it would give her answers for him.  A good idea that I learned from Sis. Stucki the other week is to put stickies in the BofM with the Questions of the Soul on them and then place them by the chapter or verse that answers the question. Ex: Is there life after death? Alma 43.  It is really good for people because then they might see a question that they've had and they'll have a place to start reading rather than just handing them a whole book and inviting them to start reading it. So we gave Jo one of these and we found out that she cuts hair and it just happens that I have been wanting to get my hair trimmed recently.  Ha ha!  Yeah, I'm going to call her and see if she can cut my hair this afternoon.  Then she'll be stuck with us in a room for a nice chunk of time and we can talk to her more about the wonderful gospel of Jesus Christ!

 Yesterday we had church down in Swansea with 4 other wards/branches and they have decided to close down the Carmarthen branch and divide it among us, Milford Haven, Llanelli, and Swansea.  This means that the Newcastle Emlyn area just doubled!!!  I wish I could show you on a map our ward boundaries, but our area is now massive! It'll take over an hour to drive from Cardigan to the other end of the area.  And we're probably going to move flats as well.  Cardigan is on the Northwest corner of our area and it would be a lot better if we lived closer to the center around more members.  We'll probably move to Newcastle Emlyn or Llandysul so then we'll be closer to the church as well.  We'll also have to get new maps to put on our wall.  Our area map right now is huge and I can only imagine how much bigger it is going to get.  It's exciting that we have more members to work with and new places to go visit, but at the same time it is slightly overwhelming because we have SO much area to cover.

 Anyways, I'm glad to hear that there is missionary work going on in the Lyman ward! I almost wish I was there to be a part of it all! Ha ha!  But that is awesome! Keep up the good work Mom and Dad. Members like you guys are highly valued to the missionaries and such a blessing!

 This coming week we get to go to Birmingham on Thursday because Elder JE Jensen of the 70 is coming to talk to us.  Our whole day will pretty much be spent driving, but it'll be fun to have the whole mission together and to hear from Elder Jensen. 

I left my camera at a member's house last night, so I'll send pictures next week.  We have a football match with some member kids this afternoon and I am SO pumped!  They'll probably kick my trash, but it'll be fun!

 I love you guys!

 Sister LeFevre


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comm. 150 Journal

When it Rains it Pours