Farewell to the MTC!
I'm leaving the MTC tomorrow! Man, it has already flown by and I am heading out in to the field. We'll take a coach (bus) to Birmingham in the morning. It'll only be like a 2 hour ride.
P-Days are on Mondays so I'll be able to write again next week. It's going to be extremely sad to leave and say goodbye to everyone, but it'll be exciting to get out into the field. I have loved my time here and I'm not sure if I'm completely prepared to start teaching, but I have the Lord on my side and it'll be great!
This week was amazing! We went back in to Manchester on Friday. Sister Boman and I taught this big black guy named Michael. Two Elders had tried talking to him, but he brushed them off and then we came along and for some reason he listened! He said he had no idea why he was listening, but he did. He invited us to go sit down in a coffee shop and talk. We declined the coffee, but he bought us orange juice instead. It was incredible to be sitting there teaching a real
lesson to a real investigator! He accepted the Book of Mormon and promised to read it. We pretty much taught him the first lesson and about Joseph Smith and what not. He gave us his contact information as well which has been sent to the Manchester missionaries. I don't know what will happen with him, but they will notify us if he ever gets baptized in the future.
Sunday was amazing as well! We went on a church history tour up in Preston, Downham, and Chatburn. The MTC is actually in Chorley and Preston is more north. But we saw places that the very first missionaries in England lived and baptized hundreds of people. We also visited Pres. Hinkley's apartment when he lived here on his mission. It was a really neat experience and the country was beautiful! I took a lot of pictures, but there's no time to email them now.
I love you and I hope to hear from you guys next week (:
Sister LeFevre
P-Days are on Mondays so I'll be able to write again next week. It's going to be extremely sad to leave and say goodbye to everyone, but it'll be exciting to get out into the field. I have loved my time here and I'm not sure if I'm completely prepared to start teaching, but I have the Lord on my side and it'll be great!
This week was amazing! We went back in to Manchester on Friday. Sister Boman and I taught this big black guy named Michael. Two Elders had tried talking to him, but he brushed them off and then we came along and for some reason he listened! He said he had no idea why he was listening, but he did. He invited us to go sit down in a coffee shop and talk. We declined the coffee, but he bought us orange juice instead. It was incredible to be sitting there teaching a real
lesson to a real investigator! He accepted the Book of Mormon and promised to read it. We pretty much taught him the first lesson and about Joseph Smith and what not. He gave us his contact information as well which has been sent to the Manchester missionaries. I don't know what will happen with him, but they will notify us if he ever gets baptized in the future.
Sunday was amazing as well! We went on a church history tour up in Preston, Downham, and Chatburn. The MTC is actually in Chorley and Preston is more north. But we saw places that the very first missionaries in England lived and baptized hundreds of people. We also visited Pres. Hinkley's apartment when he lived here on his mission. It was a really neat experience and the country was beautiful! I took a lot of pictures, but there's no time to email them now.
I love you and I hope to hear from you guys next week (:
Sister LeFevre
Comments
Post a Comment