4/12/12

Hey!

I have been rushed from the country of England! And I am now in Wales! Ha ha ha! My companion didn't get to write home yesterday since she was driving to and from Birmingham all day so we have a little time now to write at the library.

My companion is Sister Benson from Rio Rancho, New Mexico and we are serving in the New Castle, Emlyn area. We live in the town of Cardigan, but our area covers several other towns and a load of little villages in between. I can't see the sea from Cardigan, but it is very near by and
we saw it yesterday on our drive. It took about 3.5 hours to get here. It is very hilly here and everyone has sheep! The hillsides are covered with fields bordered by hedges with little white sheep or black spotted cows. It's quite beautiful! All of the signs are in both Welsh and English or they are just Welsh. The librarian lady is speaking in Welsh to someone right now and it's pretty trippy. Yep, I'll be praying for the gift of tongues in this area. It really takes concentration to understand people and I have to ask them to repeat themselves often. My companion
already has kind of a Welsh accent. I thought she was a native when I first met her. It makes me pretty self conscious of how I speak. I guess if I am here for a long time that it is quite possible for me to pick up some Welsh as well.

Sister Benson has been out almost 8 months and is 24. Everyone has been saying she's good so I'm excited to learn from her. This is her 1st time training, but it's going to be fun. There is a 12
week training program that we have started and I'm thankful for it. So we'll be companions for the next 3 months here in the New Castle Area. There is actually a castle in Cardigan that I can see from my closet window, but it's not the kind you imagine. Right now it is under repair, so it
doesn't look like one. But it's still cool.

It's going to take a bit for me to adjust. I'm now realizing just how easy and comfortable the MTC was. When we pulled in to Cardigan yesterday evening we went straight to an appointment with a guy named Ben Davis. On the drive I called like 5 families trying to find another
woman to go with us. I finally got a hold of a new member/in-active (Debbie). So we go to Ben's and he had completely forgotten and was really busy at the moment. Instead we went back to Debbie's and shared a message with her and her husband. They are interesting people alright
with a lot of trials. the hardest part for me is knowing what to tell people. Everything about this work is listening to the Holy Ghost and teaching by the spirit and sometimes that's the hardest part.

Our flat is on the third floor above the post office. We get to it through a little ally behind and we climb at least 100 steps. Maybe next time I'll count them (: But it's a pretty nice little place. The light in the toilet (bathroom) doesn't work, so we leave the bedroom light on and just take showers in the semi-darkness. I woke up this morning thinking that there were sqealing monkeys outside, but it turns out that it was just squaking seagulls. I also woke up this morning
on the verge of terror. We only have 2 investigators in the whole area and there are a lot of less-active families. Sister Benson described this area as 'sleeping'. There is actually only 1 active member in all of Cardigan and she just got baptised last year. And I woke up scared to death at
what lies ahead. But through personal study and companion study time, my nerves have died down. I think I just need to get outside and start talking to people. It's the time when I am thinking that is the scariest. Ha ha! I just know that the Lord has called me to this region for a
reason and he isn't throwing me out here on my own. I am a missionary! I have a companion, the Holy Ghost, a loving family, and the Lord on my side. I'll give it my best and be as obedient as I can and I know that good things will happen here.

I love you all so much and I can't even imagine how hard a mission would be without the love and support of you. Thank you!

Sister LeFevre

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comm. 150 Journal

When it Rains it Pours