The Promised Land! 1/30/13


Woo, I love my life!  Ha ha!  Yeah, I feel like I've been wandering in the wilderness for 40 years and I have now been led to a land full of hope and promise.  

 Sister Laborero is my dream companion.  I can't say enough good about her.  She is 26, from Surrey near London, and is practically engaged to a nice guy named Tom.  I feel like she is like a sister already.  We have a hard time falling asleep at night because we sit there and talk.  It reminds me of Katelyn and I when we were little and then Marc would bang on the wall and tell us to go to bed.  Ha ha!   But she is seriously the nicest girl.  My 2nd night here after planning she told me to go get in my pjs and she gave me a foot massage while I called in to the district leader.  She loves giving massages, so I feel pretty good (:  She's also an amazing missionary.  Very loving and not timid or afraid to talk to people and be real with them.  And she has a wicked accent that I am hoping to pick up on (: 

We've had a couple of really good experiences these past few days that are just cool.  My first night here we went to visit a recent convert and  on the way back from his house we passed a guy that we had passed on the way there, but we had been so busy talking that I didn't stop and talk to him.  We passed him again and Sis.Laborero made the comment that she's becoming a little complacent in her talking to people on the street.  I told her that we passed that guy earlier and asked her if we should go talk to him.  She said ok and we turned and I took off jogging after the man.  He was half way down the road and had stopped to set his bags down to rest when I reached him.  I've always heard of missionaries chasing people down and I felt like a complete dork running through the snow, but it was ok.  The man's name is Jannick (Yannick) and he's from France, a big black guy.  But he said he's been looking for a church to go to and all the ones he's tried here have been all happy clappy and weird.  He was also amazed that we don't smoke, drink, or party.  English girls have a reputation of being a bunch of floozies.  He went away to France for the weekend, but we got his legit. number and address and he's been texting us since then.  Woot! 
We've had a few other good times like that, but I don't have the time to tell you all of them. 

 The ward here is also extremely nice!  Church was great yesterday, everyone was so excited to come talk to me and they were very friendly.  We have texting on our phone because there are deaf people in the ward and it makes it SO convenient to get a hold of some people.  The assistants are 2 really good guys and it's fun sharing the ward with them.  Sis. Rasmussen took us grocery shopping today and she is like my mission mom.  She wanted me to tell you all hello for her.  And she does a mission blog:  
And she thinks I'm an expert blogger, so she's talked to President and we are going to go over for 1 hr each week to help her with the blog. Ha ha!  I'm excited.

Well,  I don't think life can get much better than this.  I hope you all have a wonderful week. Love ya! 

Sister LeFevre
Sister Laborero & Me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal