Hello, Fy Enw I Yw Chwaer LeFevre!
Hello, my name is Sister LeFevre!
Our investigator Emily is teaching us Welsh! It is a
lot fun because she gets to play teacher as well and it is something she
enjoys. So she is teaching us how to say missionary phrases and how to
bear our testiomines. The hardest part is the pronunciations because you
can't sound out words the way they look. God is spelled Dduw, but you say
it they-oo. Weird stuff, but it's fun. It is really
good for Emily because she gives us homework and we give her homework and she
is able to see how it feels when someone does what you have invited them to
do. She is super intelligent for an 11 yr old, but still a little
girl at heart. We were able to talk to her about testimonies and why we
need to have them and then she taught us a few new phrases in Welsh. We
gave her a BoM reading chart and she gave us homework sheets that she had typed
up. (: Emily is doing well, but school starts tomorrow and her mum
isn't sure when she wants us to next come back because the first week of school
might be stressfull.
We are very excited for school to start because that means
people will be back from holiday and more reliable. We knocked on doors
for at least 4 hours in Carmarthen on Saturday and hardly anyone was
home. We went by loads of potentials and they were all out. We did
go talk to our investigator Brad Stevens and he was happy to see us. He
has a lot going on with his family at the moment, but he told us that we can
pop by whenever we're in town. The only difficulty with that is that we
need another woman with us before we can go inside, so it takes more planning
than just popping by. But we'll go visit him again this coming week and
hopefully be able to sit down and teach him more.
Sarah Morgan is doing well, I think. We had an awesome
lesson with her on Wednesday, but then she didn't show up to church
yesterday. Sarah is only 29, lives on her own, and has a lot of pain at
the moment. She has hip and back problems and she's still suffering the
side effects of living the word of wisdom. We're going to try by this
evening and see if she is alright. She doesn't always answer her phone which
is also a problem. But she is so determined to receive her testimony
through her faith. She is a tough cookie!
Zone conference was saweeeet! It was long though - 6
hours. But it was inspiring and way uplifting. Pres.Rasmussen is one
great teacher and we also had Elder Donaldson of the area presidency there as
well. Oh man, there is so much more I need to be working on.
Conferences are good and I get so many ideas and I feel the Spirit so
strong. The only problem is that it is easy to get discouraged because
you realize just how much you need to change. I try not to get overwelmed
and just take a few things at a time and try my best to work on one or two
areas instead of trying to change everything at once. It was amazing
though and such an uplifting experience. I wish we had those every month!
Thursday we had to go back down to Cardiff for the Speed
Awareness Course. It was 4 hours long and took almost our whole day as
well. It was actually a good course and I learned a lot about the driving
rules in this country. And I have been much more obedient to the speed limits
since - not that I speed all the time or anything. Sis.Benson hit her
year mark last week and she still hasn't passed the practical driving test, so
that means she can't drive anymore because her American License has
expired. Guess what that means? Yep, I get to do all the
driving. I actually am enjoying it and I am going to be the best driver
ever when I return home. St.Johns will be a piece of cake! And I
think I will even be quite comfortable driving in big cities as well.
After having to go on the motorway (freeway) down to Cardiff and hitting
round-abouts, I think I'll be up for almost anything America has! Ha ha!
This coming week we will be having a mini-missionary with
us! A girl named Heather got baptized in April when I first got her and
she is going to come be a missionary with us for a few days this week.
She lives up in Aberystwyth in the Elder's area, but we've seen her around quite
a bit. She has a lot of energy and is very enthused about the gospel so
we're excited to have her. It'll be weird being in a threesome, but now
we'll be able to just pop by people like Brad and other male potentials that we
can't just go sit down with. It's going to be crazy!
This is the 4th week of the transfer! It is already
flown by! Transfers are on the 19th and Sis.Benson and I are hoping we
get split up. Ha ha! Not that we don't love each other, we both need
change. It is hard not to get complacent when you've been in the same
area with the same companion for 6 months. Changing areas or companions
is like giving you a fresh start to be the missionary you want to be. So
we are looking forward to that. And next week we'll be having a sister's
conference in Birmingham on Wednesday and Thursday. All 19 of the sisters
will be there and we get to stay the night at the mission office and have fun
and learn from each other. It's going to be wicked! Ha ha! I'm glad
to be a sister because the elders can't do something like that, there's way too
many of them.
Well, I am so glad that Michelle had a good birthday!
Oh man, I sure miss her as well and wish we could go hang out and have dance
parties. I'm not nearly as fun myself without Michelle. She brings
out my silly, goofy side. But I hope you continue having nice
weather. Today is sunny and we're going to the beach and I am way
excited! (:
Love you guys!
Sister LeFevre
Comments
Post a Comment