Staying in Wales 8/8/12
So Monday night we were waiting anxiously to find out the
transfer dodge. The whole district thought I would be leaving
Wales. But guess what? I'm staying! And so is Sis.Benson! We
have another 6 weeks together in Newcastle Emlyn. It'll be good because
we get along better each week and I am used to how she teaches so it is nice
because we can rely on each other. I am only bummed that I don't get to
learn from a new companion. After going on exchanges with other sisters, I have
realized that there are many ways to do missionary work and it would be fun to
change things up and learn new things. But the Lord wants us together
here longer. In the end I will have been here 5.5 months with Sister
Benson. I haven't heard of anyone going 5 transfers togther so this will
most likely be our last. There are only 19 sisters in the mission and I
know all of them. There haven't been any new sisters since I came out so
it's fun to know everyone and know where they are all serving. We all try
and guess where everyone will go and then we all call each other on transfer
dodge night to find out the news. It was fun and exciting.
But our investigators keep flogging! In the past 2 weeks it has felt like every appointment has flogged us! Last night we were going to teach a man named Shaish that we met a month ago. He is the owner of an Indian food restraunt and he asked if we would come share a meal with him and we could discuss the BoM more, but he totally forgot. But the manager, Russel, still let us come in and eat a free meal. It was amazing! Indian food is really different, but really good at the same time. It was a super fancy place and we were the only ones there, but Russel wouldn't let us pay. It was way nice of him. But Shaish sent his apologies and said he'll call us later to reschedule. We'll see (:
We had a good lesson with Andrew Lemmon last week as well when I was on exchange with Sis. Laborero. Andrew wants to know everything before he'll decide to be baptized, but I know that as he comes to church and feels the spirit that it'll all feel right to him. So I think with him it'll just take some time and more lessons.
Sorry this is so short, but I don't have a lot of time today to write. I'm glad you guys are getting a lot of rain because we're getting loads as well. I don't even bother to fix my hair these days. It just gets soaked anyways. And that is so awesome that Sammi is going to Chile! I didn't realize that she actually put her papers in. And I had no idea that Brant and Levi had babies! Our family is getting huge! Ha ha!
I love you all so very much and I'll email again on Monday.
Sister LeFevre
But our investigators keep flogging! In the past 2 weeks it has felt like every appointment has flogged us! Last night we were going to teach a man named Shaish that we met a month ago. He is the owner of an Indian food restraunt and he asked if we would come share a meal with him and we could discuss the BoM more, but he totally forgot. But the manager, Russel, still let us come in and eat a free meal. It was amazing! Indian food is really different, but really good at the same time. It was a super fancy place and we were the only ones there, but Russel wouldn't let us pay. It was way nice of him. But Shaish sent his apologies and said he'll call us later to reschedule. We'll see (:
We had a good lesson with Andrew Lemmon last week as well when I was on exchange with Sis. Laborero. Andrew wants to know everything before he'll decide to be baptized, but I know that as he comes to church and feels the spirit that it'll all feel right to him. So I think with him it'll just take some time and more lessons.
Sorry this is so short, but I don't have a lot of time today to write. I'm glad you guys are getting a lot of rain because we're getting loads as well. I don't even bother to fix my hair these days. It just gets soaked anyways. And that is so awesome that Sammi is going to Chile! I didn't realize that she actually put her papers in. And I had no idea that Brant and Levi had babies! Our family is getting huge! Ha ha!
I love you all so very much and I'll email again on Monday.
Sister LeFevre
Comments
Post a Comment