Another good week in Wales! 7/23/12
Man, the weeks sure fly by and now I have been out 4
months! It is just crazy how fast it's going. Only a couple more
weeks until next transfers. Our district has set goals together for this
tranfer and I am really excited for this coming week because I really think we
might be able to reach them this week. We have a lot of appointments that
I am really excited for. On Friday, after weekly planning,
everything seriously fell through. We were supposed to have dinner and a
lesson with Sarah Morgan, but she flogged. We went to visit other people and no
one was home. It was really discouraging and I started to pray in my
heart that something would work out, that we could at least talk to
someone! Then we stopped by two potentials that Sis.Benson met back in
March and they were both home and they both set up return appointments!
One of them (Jenna) had read the Restoration pamphlet the sisters had left her
and she said she wants to learn more! Awesome! We'll be seeing her
on Wednesday.
We'll also be going on exchange this week as well, but I
will be staying in Newcastle Emlyn and Sis.Benson will be going down to Merthyr
Tydfil to be in a threesome. I'll be with Sis.Laberero for 2 days and I am
way excited. I'll get to kind of be the senior companion and have to be a
lot more independent. Sis.Laberero was in the MTC with me so I'm excited
to work with her. We just have so many good things planned for this
coming week and I am way excited.
We got to teach Linda again this week and that went really really
well. Brad is busy at the moment with his son's football (soccer) games
and he doesn't want anymore lessons until that is over, but Linda is all for
it. She had read the chapter we left her, but didn't really
understand what was going on, so we just started at the beginning and told her
all about the Book of Mormon. When we saw her last time, she barely got a
word in because Brad was talking so much, so I was actually quite glad we got
to see her on her own. She is the sweetest lady and said that this is
something she really wants to know. She was so sincere when she said she
would really read and pray, and I believe that she will (:
We talked to Andrew Lemmon again and we'll be going back
tomorrow to hopefully see his mom as well. Andrew's main concern about
being baptized is persecution from his family, so we'll just convert his
family. Ha ha! He only lives with his mom so I'm hoping she'll be
receptive. But he is amazing! He's 15 and knows French
fluently. He said that sometimes he watches the LDS videos in French for
fun! Ha! He is currently reading the Doctrine and Covenants on lds.org. It just blows my mind that he is so
inquisitive. He probably knows more about the church than I
do! I just hope that we can bring the Spirit of the Lord into his
house and help him to feel that this is true. It is one thing to know a
lot about the church, but another to have a testimony of it.
Good things are really happening in Wales! The only
downside are the less-actives. We visited a whole load of them this week
and with some of them it was just heartbreaking. We had a lady last night
who was baptized in October 2011 tell us flat out that she doesn't even believe
in God anymore. It just breaks my heart! Less-actives are the
hardest for me because I don't know how to help them. I pray so much when
I am in those lessons and all I can ever do is bear testimony and hope that the
spirit will touch their hearts. So many people here have problems with
depression as well and I honestly think it is because of the lack of sun.
When you go 3 weeks without seeing the sun it gets depressing. Do any of
you guys have ideas on how we can better help less-actives? They never taught
us in the MTC how to deal with less-actives. But we continue to visit
them and hope that something we say will soften their hearts.
But I'm glad you guys are getting lots of rain! The
past few days have been really sunny here as well. Everyone goes crazy
when the sun comes out. No one wears sunscreen and they all go to the
beach and lay out and get as sunburned as they can. It is quite common to
see old guys out in their gardens mowing the lawns without shirts on. Ha ha!
But I sure hope you have another good week of rain and fun summer stuff. (;
I love you!
Making carrot jello!
The coast of Wales
Me on the coast1
Feeding a llama at a petting zoo!
Comments
Post a Comment