Jammy = Lucky!
Hey there!
Oh man, it sure is exciting to have so many emails to read,
especially since I didn't have time to write last week. So I'm just going
to print them off and read them later so that I have more time to write.
(: And I hope you got my handwritten letter that I sent.
Yeah, the Queen's Jubilee was a pretty big deal to
some. There were a lot of tea parties and such. 'Tea' often means
dinner or pudding (dessert) parties. So the members invite us over for tea
quite often. The ward had an old fashioned street party, which took
place in the church car park, but they played games from the 50's and we had
spam sandwiches and sausage rolls and the members brought cakes (cup
cakes). It was pretty fun and we had some nonmembers turn up, so that was
awesome!
The month of June is invitational month = the members are
highly encouraged to invite people to church whether they be nonmembers or less
actives. The lessons and talks given in church have been very fundamental
so that anyone can walk in and understand pretty well the doctrine. And
the members are doing amazing! We had a nonmember couple and their little
boy come to sacrament meeting yesterday and some little girls were baptized on
Saturday and they invited their friends. We've received some referrals
from members and things are looking good. Oh man, I had to play the piano
for the baptism and I was so nervous. There were like 70 people there and
for some reason it was worse than playing in sacrament meeting. But I survived
and my sight reading skills and improving. Ha ha! There's never any time
to practice except for when I play prelude, so I have to wing it most
times. I don't play every Sunday, but the ward pianist is in the stake
young women's so she's gone a lot and apparently no one else plays. But I
enjoy it and it gives me a nice adrenaline rush everytime (: Lucky the
people sing loud, so they don't hear my mistakes as much.
Aled is doing....alright. We had some really good
lessons with him and we have a baptismal date and it's all looking good.
But then he didn't come to church! Aaaaah! Yesterday I was really
feeling like we should drop him, but then he calls us wanting to know where he
can get a Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price and he wants to be
taught earlier in the week because he'll be gone this coming weekend. I'm
so confused! He is very unpredictable and will never give us a straight
answer, it's always ' probably' or 'I suppose'. We couldn't even get a
straight answer about his birthday! It was Sis. Benson's birthday on
Saturday and so we asked Aled when his was and he said, 'Uh, it's usually on
the 10th of June.' Oh man, we had to laugh about that. He doesn't care
at all about birthdays or anything really. He likes Tai Chee and
volunteering in charities and learning about religion. So I'm going to
have to do some more serious praying concerning him.
Brandon and Jo dropped us. Jo called to say that this
just isn't something she wants to deal with right now in her life. Her MS
is pretty bad and causes her a lot of pain, so I guess I can understand, but we
don't know how Brandon feels about it all. We don't have any way to
contact him besides thru Jo. I just hope that he'll call us if he really
wants it.
But tonight we are going to go see a really nice girl named
Kelly that we met while we were teaching a recent convert kid. She came
over to babysit because Dylan's mom was about to leave and so Kelly sat there
while taught Dylan the Word of Wisdom and we gave her a BoM and said we could
come see her tonight (: I'm praying that she won't flog. So many of
our return appointments flog us and it would be nice to have one actually
happen. And then we're going to have dinner with an awesome member named
Keith Wilcox. He has invited some nomembers over for dinner as
well. I'm excited!
Yeah, so I hope you are all doing well. And I love you so
much! I'm am truly coming to love my mission (: I went on exchange
this week to Stroud and it really really helped me. Oh man, I feel so
much more excited about the work and positive about the future (:
Love ya!
Sister LeFevre
Comments
Post a Comment