6/18/12 Chucking Down Rain!


Hey there!

 Yep, it has been raining quite a lot these past few weeks.  We'll get an ok day every now and then, but now it seems to be raining a lot.  The rivers and streams are quite full and there has been some flooding up north of us by Aberystwyth.  But it's all fun anyways (:

And we officially are moving flats next month, around the 7th of July.  One of the members has a flat that they have been trying to rent out for a while and it is only about 4 miles outside of Newcastle Emlyn in a village called Waungilwen (Wine-gill-wen).  It is bigger than our flat now and the members have a lot of lawns and garden space (they call yards gardens here, so pretty much any land around your house is your garden).  It'll be much quieter there and hopefully we'll be able to travel a lot less since the bulk of the members live around Newcastle Emlyn.  We're excited, but I'll miss Cardigan too.

Next week is transfers, so I won't email on Monday and I'm not sure yet what is going on Wednesday, so I'm also not sure when I'll next be able to email.  Pres. Ogden leaves 2 days after transfers so we're thinking about going to Birmingham anyways just to see him and his wife one more time before they go.  So 1 of 3 things will happen next week: I'll get transfered, Sis. Benson will get transfered, or we'll both stay in Newcastle.  It's crazy that I'm almost finished with being trained and that I'm almost finished with my 2nd transfer!  Man, time is sure flying!

 This week has been good.  We've been trying to contact all the new members we recieved from Carmarthen.  We visited a lot of less-actives, or at least found out if they lived at the address in the ward list. One lady lived way out in the boonies down this muddy path that went for like a mile through the hills.  But we didn't figure out that she lived there.  The car is all muddy now and I'm grateful for all of my off-roading experiences in the past with Karen so it wasn't that big of a deal. Ha ha! Just not as fun in a Vauxhall as a truck.

On Friday we had an awesome experience!  So we're knocking on doors in the rain in a village called Aberarad. We met a creepy old guy in one house, but then we come to one where we could hear someone playing a saxaphone inside.  A boy answered the door and we started chatting with him about music.  Then he stated, 'You're missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.'  We were like, yeah? and he proceeded to tell us that he found a BoM in a tip (dump) on the Isle on Man and he read the whole thing, got the message in Moroni 10, and prayed to know if it was true.  He didn't feel like he really got an answer so he asked us how we knew it was all true.  And testimony was born!  Turns out that he knows almost everything about the church: the priesthood, Quorum of the Twelve, etc.  He's 15 and his name is Andrew Lemmon.  We tried to get a return appointment, but he didn't commit.  He knows some of the boys in the ward that go to his school, so we're hoping they can fellowship him.  Oh man, he is golden!  SO prepared!!!  I am so excited about this kid!  It might take a little bit of time to get him to come to church, but it'll all be worth it. He is so ready!

Man, time on the computer is never long enough!  But I love you all and I hope your week in Oregon is fun.  Yep, I'm totally jealous!  But I'll forgive you for going without me (:

Sister LeFevre

PS: No one knows what a S'more is here!  They've never even heard of graham crackers!  They are so missing out!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal