May 7, 2012


Good Morning! 

My Welsh is coming along quite nicely. Ha ha! Maybe I'll learn how to say goodnight this coming week.  But they typically say Ta da or ta ra for goodbye, so I'll save that for the end of my email (: 

 This week was grand! I really love personal study time because I learn so much. To be honest, I've been having a hard time really loving missionary work, becuase it is exactly work. But I've had some really good learning experiences during my study time and I'm trying to be a better missionary everyday.  I know that the Lord loves this cold place and with His help I can learn to really love it as well (:  So I'm happy and doing great! 

 Today is a bank holiday (May day) and everything is closed so I only have a few minutes to email from a member's home.  We taught Aled yesterday and yes, he does pray and read the Book of Mormon everyday, but we discovered that he doesn't believe in the Atonement. Ha ha!  It was a light bulb moment.  I'm glad we now have something to work with.  He's such an interesting guy and he knows so much about every religion that he's always trying to figure how it all connects and what past religions ours kind of descends from.  But we taught him at a member's home yesterday and it was great because Aled asks a lot of questions that I have no clue how to answer and the members had really good answers.  So Aled's baptism is off for now and we'll try and build his faith in Jesus Christ and hopefully help him feel how important the Atonement really is. 

We taught our first new investigator since I've been here on Wednesday.  His name is Josh Reeves and another very Welsh guy.  He does everything in Welsh, so it is slighty hard for him to communicate to us just how he feels because he doesn't know the English words for it, but unlike Aled, he has little religious background and understood everything we taught about the restoration.  He said he'd read and pray and said yes when I extended the invitation to be baptized. Woo who! We have another appointment with him on Wednesday, but unfortunately I won't be here.  I'm going on exchange tommorw down to Heads of the Valley in Merthyr Tydfil.  I'll be hanging out with Sister Stucki till Thursday.  I'm really excited!  She seems like a super fun sister and she was a Disney Princess at Disneyland before her mission. 

 Well, we're going to the beach pretty soon with the Hutchinson's and I am so excited!  We always see the ocean, but have yet to get close. I'll send pictures next week.  



Love ya!  Ta Da! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal