April 30,2012


The Sea!

Only in England do the awards for the best restrooms - ha ha!

Sister LeFevre, Elder Tonga and Sister Benson
Oh boy!  It feels like forever since I last wrote.  But zone conference was AWESOME!  It was just what I needed to boost my spirits and help energize me for the work.  The western half of the mission was there so it was more than just our zone.  President and Sister Odgen gave away jars of Nutella and Skippy Peanut Butter for prizes for the cleanest flat awards. Ha ha!  And guess who won?  That's right, Sister Benson and I. Ha ha!  Nutella is SO big over here.  Everyone eats it all the time and on everything.  I was sent to England for a reason (:  And then you can only get Skippt PB from Costco, so it is highly valued as well.  We each got to pick a jar, so our flat is well stocked now. Ha ha!

But President Odgen and his wife are amazing!  Everything that was said in zone conference was just SO good and I wish everyday was zone conference, but then I wouldn't be doing missionary work. Ha ha!

 Driving this week was nuts!  Sister Benson made me drive all week and the stress about killed me. The roads are SO narrow and are lined with grass walls with hedges to top them off and it is quite frightening driving down the windy little roads because you have no idea if someone is coming aroung the corner.  But the people here have quick reflexes and are used to slamming on their breaks.  It'll just take time and practice for me to get used to.  I'll have to get a license eventually and I'm not sure how much that'll cost, but I'll let you know when I have to pay the fees.  So I survived alright, but it was very stressful and frustrating on my part because the million dollar question of everyday is "Where are we going to park?"  Ha ha!

 Aled is doing alright.  I'm not sure if he'll be ready to be baptized in 2 weeks.  He can only meet with us once a week because he's busy during the week volunteering with a Pastor from another church in helping him collect charity items such as unwanted furniture and such.  I just don't think he realizes just how big of a commitment being baptized is.  I don't know.  It's an interesting situation and I don't really know what to tell him.  He carries around the Karan along with the Bible and the Book of Momon.  He knows all the right answers to our questions and understands what we teach, but when we ask him if he has felt the Spirit he says 'yeah, I suppose' or 'probably.'  He doesn't come out with a straight yes or no. I just pray that he really has felt something and that he will be ready (:

 So yesterday I had to give a 20 minute talk on the Atonement.  Ha ha!  A lot of members were out of town so there were only about 30 people there.  The Burton family has 11 kids in it and they literally made up half of the congregation. Ha ha!  But it was good to prepare for it and study a lot about the Atonement.  I used Elder Bednar's article from the April Ensign and that is one awesome talk!  If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

 We did a lot of finding this week and gave out 17 books!  Whoo!  I think we broke a few records. Ha ha!  But we do have 2 return appointments and a few good potentials.  So I'm excited for this next week and following up on those.

 I'm so glad Michelle had fun at prom!  It brings tears to my eyes everytime I read the emails from home because I love you so much and I am so excited.  Michelle looked fabulous!  And Austin Davis is the bomb! Ha ha!  He was in seminary with me when I was a senior and he was a freshmen and I just think he's great.

I hope Marc's surgery goes ok. And it's probably a good thing he's out of college so he won't be playing as much b-ball. Ha ha!

Well, I love you guys!  And I can hardly wait to talk to you on Mother's Day!  Is it on the 15th?  They celebrated Mum's day here in like February or something, so no one really knows when America celebrates it.

And the idea of irrrigating here is crazy.  Ha ha!  I wish I could ship you some of the rain (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comm. 150 Journal

When it Rains it Pours