4/23/12
Hey there!
Oh man, I am SO excited for Michelle! I really wish I
could be there, but I hope she has fun anyway and I definitely expect
pictures. (: What did Marc do to his knee? Chasing all those girls
at Idaho must be catching up to him (:
But Wales is good. I feel like we knocked on a million
doors this week. A lot of people are really kind and politely say they
aren't interested. Others say no way and shut the door before we can say
have a good day. And then the other 50% aren't home. We usually
give out 2 or 3 copies of the Book of Mormon on days that we do a lot of
finding. So there are people that do listen and accept what we offer. The
Jehovah's Witnesses are always knocking doors too, so most people think we're
them and are tired of being bothered.
We also spend a lot of time looking for past potentials,
less-actives, and visiting the members. The people here are pretty chatty
so sometimes we'll get into a home and they'll talk your ear off for an hour,
but some of the less-actives just need someone to talk to and the encouragement
to come back to church.
We do have one progressing investigator. His name is
Aled Jamieson and we taught him for the 4th time on Saturday. He's in his
20's and has a very thick Welsh accent! He has studied all sorts of
religions and knows all the details about them. It's kind of hard because
he asks a lot of questions about the details of the church and not really the
doctrine. But he has been keeping his commitments and understands what we
teach him. The other week I had the opportunity to invite him to be
baptized and he said yes. Then, in our last lesson we were able to set a
date for May 12th. I'm not sure that he really understands the significance
of being baptized and the responsibility that comes with it, but we'll keep
working for that date (:
Things with Sister Benson are good. She always has really
good advice for me whenever I have concerns about the mission. She is a
hard worker and always keeps knocking doors when I just want to get in the warm
car and go to the next village. And I lied about her crazy driving
skills, she actually does go the speed limit, but since there are no straight
roads in this country it just feels like we're flying down them when we're only
going 30 mph. But they also have a faster speed limit as well. Most
little roads are 30mph and then slightly bigger roads are 60mph and the roads
with lines down the middle are 70 mph. It's pretty intense. Sister Benson
says I'm going to have to start driving this week and I'm slightly nervous
about that. I'll probably be going like 10 miles under the limit. Ha
ha! But it'll be an adventure!
I hope you guys have a wonderful week and I definitely want
to hear about prom (:
I love you!
Sister LeFevre
Comments
Post a Comment