Intense first week!

If I had one word to describe the MTC, it is
'intense'! Ha ha! So my luggage came Friday evening and it was the
happiest thing. One of the zippers had ripped off, but amazingly
everything that was in the pocket was still there. So, I am clean and
smelling good now (:

My companion is Sister Boman. Originally we were both
to have companions from Malaisia (twins) but their visas didn't go through so
we got paired up and I seriously couldn't be happier! She is really good
friends with Kelly Badger from BYU, so she actually knew all about me before we
even met. Her dad works for Chevron so every few years they move and she's
been all over the place. She has even lived in Angola in Africa for a few
years so it's been fun talking to her about Africa and those places. She
is 24 and super amazing. I don't know how I got so lucky to have her as a
companion. She's also really cute and since there are only 10 girls here we get a lot of guys coming up and talking to us. At first I thought
it was flattering, but now it is just annoying because we can hardly find a
place to study without Elders coming and talking to us. Ha ha!

I love the Enlgand MTC!!! It is just 1 building and there
are only 37 missionaries here. Our MTC President is Pres. Walker and his wife
is Pres. Hinckley's daughter. She is so funny and you can tell that she is
a Hinckley. They are wonderful people and so nice. I knew that it was
going to be hard here, but I had no idea it was going to be like this. We
are constantly going from 7:30 am to 9:30pm. I sometimes forget that I
even have a bedroom, because we are never up there. It's hard because
they definitely let us struggle, but that is the best way to learn for
yourself. We have 'investigators' that we are teaching and it is rather
scary because they are our teachers pretending to be investigators, but they
will only progress according to how well we teach. But I know it will get
better with more practice. It's rather draining right now because we're
not used to this. But I love how small it is here.

Ther weather has been beautiful and sunny the whole
time. Sister Boman and I went running yesterday and when we came back one
of the elders said it looked like I had gone tanning because I had been out in
the sun. Ha ha! It is so beautiful here!!! I'll attach some
pictures of the view from our bedroom window, where we went running yesterday,
and Sister Boman and I in front of the Preston temple. There is a canal that
has a trail by it that we go running down. We can run within 2 miles of
the MTC, but all the boys stay here and play basketball or soccer
(football). The dorks. They have no idea what they are missing out
on!

Today we got to go to the temple. It was so
wonderful! There is a sister from Pakistan and she went through for the
1st time. I was so happy for her! She is so sweet and cute!
She'll be going to Birmingham as well, so I might be her companion in the field
someday. We also got to go in to Chorley to the market place today.
They have all these tents and booths that they sell all sorts of things.
I only bought some chocolate, but it sure was fun.

Man, I sure wish I had more time to write!!! But then
I might be here for an hour. Ha ha! The food is pretty good. It
tastes very healthy. Ha ha! But it is definitely different.

I love you guys so much!

Sister LeFevre

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When it Rains it Pours

Comm. 150 Journal