Cooking it up!
The week before I came to school I finally faced my fear of yeast and learned how to make bread. Now yeast is pretty much my best friend and I make bread all of the time.
Yesterday my roommate Katie and I went to a cookbook party. It was kind of like a Mary Kay party. The ladies who made the cook book were there and they gave us tips in cooking and actually made us lunch from recipes in the book - it was SO good!
These two ladies made the cook book pretty much for college age kids - kids starting families. Their main purpose is to encourage family dinners and stuff, so the recipes are pretty simple, but super good. They used a lot of your staple ingredients that most people already have in their kitchens. It's called "The I Do Cookbook for the Bride & Groom." Sounds a little cheesy, but I already love it!
Katie, our friend Brooke, and I all bought a book. It was originally $35, but because of the party we were able to get it for $20. I thought it was a great deal and investment, so I got it. I only own one other cookbook and I was going to ask for another for Christmas, but I liked this one too much. I would definitely recommend it.
So last night, the three of us girls decided to make dinner from it. In the first picture I'm holding the chicken Parmesan we made. It was pretty simple and tasted way good. I also made this french bread, but I didn't realize how long it would take, so it wasn't ready until after we had eaten.
My roommates are always calling me Ms. Betty Crocker because I'm always trying new things. Most of the things I make, I've never made before and they are just dumb founded that I would make bread in college. Ha ha! It's funny, because I've never been into cooking until now. I have a goal to try making every recipe in this new cookbook. The movie "Julie & Julia" has been my inspiration. I watched that movie this summer and I loved it.
As for the rest of my life, everything is great. Today is exactly 120 days from my birthday, so hopefully my mission papers will finally get submitted. I got them finished too early and I have just been waiting for my availability to come up. So either this week or next I should hopefully get my call (:
Hey! I have that cookbook too! and you are right, it is a pretty good cookbook.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Linz! You're future husband will appreciate your practice. :) I like trying new recipes too. Here are a couple of recipe blogs that I like to read if you're interested:
ReplyDeletehttp://blog.superhealthykids.com/
http://www.ourbestbites.com/